Red Red Rose

September 16, 2016


I've recently discovered the world of the beautiful poetry of the Scottish bard Robert Burns. 
The chance for this exploration came when I was asked to illustrate one of his poems for a picturebook.
The poem is a romantic verse called 'A Red Red Rose' but the team at Floris had the wonderful idea of reimagining it as a poem about the love of a mother for her child. Here's a little glimpse...

O my Luve's like a red, red rose,
That's newly sprung in June: 

O my Luve's like the melodie,
That's sweetly play'd in tune.




As fair art thou, my bonie lass,
So deep in luve am I;




And I will luve thee still, my dear,
Till a' the seas gang dry.
The book is out in bookstores now and can be found here on the Floris website. We also had a chance to talk about it for a nice article in The National. I've always felt that children must have access to the best of literature from an early age.
We hope the little ones enjoy knowing the verses of Scotland's much loved poet!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Recent Stories

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *

Subscribe