Bible Promises

November 30, 2013



I have been told, more than once, that my style of work would suit ‘spiritual’ subjects. It pleases me, although I cannot confess to being religious in any way. Yet the sort of wonder and beauty we see in nature, in children, in some types of music and art is, to me, much more than what the materialist would concede.


My recent project allowed me to play within that space. Though the books are a combination of lines from the Bible and new verses, the art depicts the delight children find in the world around them.


There is certainly the realm of the mystic and of nature that I am drawn to. And the promises it makes to me, about life, love, goodness, I cannot doubt.



The books are called Bible Promises and are a set of two; for boys and girls, published by Lion Hudson.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Recent Stories

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *

Subscribe