Books

January 31, 2014

For every month this new year, I've decided to do a drawing about something that I feel strongly about. For the first post in January (which also is my birth month), I thought I’d start with something that is and will always be an intrinsic part of me - the intellectual, artistic and literary object called 'a book'.


Books have been my closest companions in my life so far. While they stand for education and awareness, to me they're more a source of delight, allowing us to experience worlds and lives otherwise unknown. They are other souls, beautiful souls, speaking directly to us disregarding barriers of time and space. 

It seems only a lucky accident that my love of art, words and childhood combines so seamlessly into the profession I seem to have chosen. I think, sometimes, that it is the other way around, that it chose me instead, and I couldn't be more grateful!





(These images were first drawn in pencil for a Marathi magazine called 'Palakniti' (पालकनीती) for their Diwali issue about children's literature in Marathi.)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Recent Stories

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *

Subscribe