In My Heart

February 01, 2019


My recent project has been the heart-warming story by Nandana Dev Sen titled 'In My Heart' about a little girl who was born in her parents' hearts!
Since I remember, I have always felt strongly about adoption. Having grown up with a myriad of stories of children being cared for by loving adoptive parents, it never seemed to me anything out of the ordinary. The sad truth that many misconceptions and taboos surrounded this beautiful idea dawned on me much later in life. So when I was given the chance to illustrate an Indian book on adoption, I couldn't refuse. 
Little Mia from 'In My Heart' knows she is adopted and loves her adoptive parents dearly. How can she not, when she came from their hearts? It is why they are so alike and love the same things!

But as Mia finds out about tummy mummies, she realises she must have a Tummy Mummy too.




The book, published by Penguin India, takes us with Mia on her journey to find her Tummy Mummy. Will she find her? And where? The story builds on Nandana's own experience of having an adopted daughter, and of the love that binds different families together - biological or not.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Recent Stories

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *

Subscribe