Bologna Children's Book Fair 2019

April 13, 2019



I've just returned from a wonderful week in Bologna spent among gorgeous children's books filled with the most beautiful artwork!

It is always inspiring to be at the book fair and look at work from artists from different parts of the world. And this year was especially lovely for me. My closest friends from the course, Narisa Togo (Ting), Rosemary Shojaie, Yiting Lee and I all had our books at the fair at different places! I can't believe it has been so long since our first visit to the fair, when we were shy and new to the publishing world (although we still feel a bit shy all these years later).

Here is Rosemary's 'Snow Fox',

Ting's 'Magnificent Birds',

 and Yiting's 'An Ideal Zoo'!

Can you spot my 'Dance of the Wild'?

Ting also had her work selected for the Illustrator's Exhibition and gave a lovely talk about her art process in the making of her beautiful book 'Magnificent Birds'. Our friends and fellow classmates Zack Rock and Harriet Muncaster had their books too, and Zack's work was also showcased in an exhibition in the city center, of art by European and American artists. It was really heartwarming to find work made by friends we studied with, almost like they were speaking to us from the picture!

Ting and I find Zack's work!

Our professor Martin Salisbury and Ting at the Digital Cafe.


As after every visit to the Bologna fair, I'm back home inspired and raring to get back to work!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Recent Stories

Contact

Name

Email *

Message *

Subscribe